Omies

Omz Life with Art in It

Monday, November 22, 2010

I love old houses

During my Friday dates with my husband we have been just driving through the countryside.  The weather has begun to change from Fall to Winter and it has been so nice just to relax before the busy holidays.  This week we found a great big house standing all alone up on a little knoll, in the cold wind but bright sunshine, still standing after all the years.  I can't even imagine what this house has held in it's lifetime.  I could see the summer breeze blowing through the windows with the white curtains blowing in the breeze.  Little kids running around the yard playing while their Mother was working inside and their Dad was out in the field.  It almost made me cry to see this house standing all by itself, empty and alone, after all the shelter it has provided for so many years.  It doesn't seem right that it should be left to die alone.  I wonder what has happened to a family that would make them leave their home to just fall apart.  I can't seem to get this house out of my mind...I wish I could save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment