Omies

Omz Life with Art in It

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My postcard

This is my postcard for "The (great big) Stitched Postcard Swap.  It was so much fun and I hope my partner likes it.  The minature log cabin quilt square was left over from several years ago when I made a wall hanging minature log cabin quilt.  It was the first time I used paper patterns to sew my pieces together and it was really neat and worked for me.  I also used my new old sewing machine.  I am waiting for mine to come in the mail.  Can't wait.

I made another postcard "thank you" for my mother-in-law but I didn't think of taking a picture. duh!  I also used this last week to drop picture postcards in the mail to my grandkids just to say hi! and I miss you!  Everybody loves getting something in the mail...it's like a little Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas and getting something in the mail.  I got my early Christmas this week too.  I ordered myself some patterns to use for rubbings with my "paintstiks".  I found a beautiful cape made of silk that was done with "paintstiks" that I would like to make for someone.  I just want to make it, I don't wear things like that, don't go anywhere, but I just want to make it.  Or maybe a lap quilt would be fun too.  No sure just love the patterns and colors.  I also ordered some beautiful craft metal to emboss and use in some jewelry.  Fun stuff to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment