Omies

Omz Life with Art in It

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanksgiving this year.

My how time flys.  I should have had pictures for Thanksgiving this year, we had such a good time.  The boys got lots of birds.  We went goose hunting in the pits which I always love.  The pits where you hunt from are down in the ground so that when you stand up you are looking straight across the horizon and up into the sky.  Of course this is perfect for watching for geese but it is also beautiful to watch the world from too.  You just listen for the sounds of the geese flying.  It is such a peaceful time.  I'll try to take some pictures from the pits next time we go.  Sitting there looking into the sky makes me so aware of everything I have to be thankful for...my family especially and all the good times we spend together.  We are so lucky that our kids like to spend time with us.  We enjoy them too so much.

Now we are down to crunch time, those short weeks before Christmas, when you are checking your lists once a day to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.  All my Christmas is bought or made and mailed and I am doing my baking this week for friends.  And we are ready to see the grandkids in their school Christmas activities.  That is the best time.  We will make our rounds at Christmas this year to see what Santa has brought everyone.  We will be missing one this year, our oldest grandson is in his Navy boot camp for the holidays and my heart will be with him too.  And all our wonderful service men and women who are spending the holidays away from their families.

This is my favorite time of the year, with all the warm memories from the past and the ones that we are making everyday.  Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment