Omies

Omz Life with Art in It

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Month is gone.

Here we are in May already. I am just about done with my job and will be fully retired soon...yea!!! I have a busy summer planned. Next month my daughter and I are going to Utah for the Art Retreat with Julie and Candice. I am so excited about taking a class with Ruth Rae and Stephanie Lee and working with my sewing machine again. I made all my daughter's clothes before she started school but that was almost 35 years ago. WOW! I can't believe it. Then I helped my girls sew when they were in Blue Birds and home economics classes in jr high school. Hand sewing has been my passion more than anything over the years. I love to quilt, embroidery, cross-stitch, anything with a needle and in my lap but I have also missed the machine. I have a feeling a new machine is in my future, ha. I hope to have pictures of the class when I get back to put on my site.

July we are on our way to travel the East Coast. I want to go to Maine and eat lobster, New York and see Niagra Falls and everywhere in between. So I will have lots of pictures to share with everyone when I get back.

It has been so nice to spend time in my home, cleaning, organizing, and going through lots of things I have collected along my pathway. I still have boxes from 5 years ago when I cleaned out my father's home to go through. But now I have all the time I want to do what I want. Enjoy whatever you are planning for your summer and please come back and see me. I want to tell you everything.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely gift to be able to clothe your children with things you made! I wanted to pop in and say "hi" from the flying lessons e-course. -Robin

    ReplyDelete