Omies

Omz Life with Art in It

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another note about myself

Just thought I would let everyone know where my name OMZ comes from. Oma is Grandma in German and we are part German and live in a German community. We also do not live close to all our grandchildren so my husband and I wanted something different to call ourselves when we called our grandkids, so Oma was used but our first granddaughter changed it to Omie and Omz for short so now I go by Omz to all my grandchildren.

Also in my profile you will see a picture not of me but of my best friend, Lexy. She is my 9 month old lab/english setter that has been the best friend to me. I have been through a rough winter with my father being diagnosed with Alzheimers and she has set next to me while I cried and questioned myself as to if I was making the best decisions. She has been my trusted friend giving me her assurance with her big brown eyes that she loves me and she will be beside me no matter what I have to face.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so confused as to where I post things - I have no idea how this space just appeared! I guess I should just appreciate my "all knowing brilliance" and not question how it happens! I like your blog but I don't think you've been posting weekly. So does that mean no fun in your life for a while?? You best get to organizing because I can only take that excuse for so long before I come over and light a match - then we'll see what you paint on that canvas!! :) Love you! Dana

    ReplyDelete